I love this! Even though I don't have any serious sins to repent of, this video inspired me to do more to prepare for my mission and to turn to God to know what I might improve on. I love how Elder Holland is not afraid to "get in our face". The game is truly "on the line" and God needs willing and worthy young men and young women. "I ask for a stronger and more devoted voice. A voice not only against evil and him who is the personification of it, but a voice for good, a voice for the gospel, a voice for God."
It's a day for Holland! :)
In his talk, "Witnesses Unto Me", Elder Holland gives good advice to members that will help them be better member missionaries but I find his advice equally helpful for missionaries so I'm excited to apply them. :)
"I invite you to become a vast army with enthusiasm for this work..." ~Gordon B. Hinckley
Live the Gospel
"People do not join the gospel because of what they know. They join the church because of what they feel."
Pray
Pray for the missionaries, for those that are looking for truth, and for missionary experiences of your own.
Just Chat
Start talking and the gospel will start flowing out without you even noticing because it is an essential part of your life and you can't help sharing it.
Listen
Be genuine. Ask them what is most important to them; what do they cherish; what their fears are; what they yearn for; what they feel is missing in their life.
I thought this was appropriate :)

No comments:
Post a Comment