"Cast not away therefore thy confidence which hath great recompense of reward for you have need of patience that after ye have done the will of God, ye receive the promise"
Wow! I love this devotional talk! I wish I could have been there for it!
I feel like this is something everyone should listen to and remember.
Elder Holland spoke about overcoming those moments that we all experience when we have felt the guidance of Heavenly Father in our lives but then begin to doubt and to be afraid.
"Don't give up when the pressure amounts...don't give in to that being who is bent on the destruction of your happiness. He wants everyone to be miserable like unto himself. Face your doubts, master your fears, cast not away therefore your confidence. Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you."
I can tell you that I have had those worries and concerns enter my mind as I have prepared to go on a mission. I even remember being afraid when I got accepted to BYU. It's completely normal to be afraid of what we don't know, to be afraid that we will not be able to accomplish what the Lord has asked of us. But I have a strong testimony that He does provide a way for us to accomplish it.
"God will teach us in a reasonable way and in a revelatory way, mind and heart combined by the Holy Ghost."
I love this! I have always felt that this is a sure way for me to know if something is right. When I am desperately praying to know which path to take and put forth effort to search for the right way and then, when an answer comes that makes logical sense and gives me a feeling of wholeness and completeness, I know that the Holy Spirit has confirmed it for me.
"Revelation almost always come in response to a question, usually an urgent question...You will need information too, in matters of great consequence, but it is not likely that it will come unless you want it urgently, faithfully, humbly. Moroni calls it seeking with real intent. If you can seek that way and stay in that mode, not much the adversary can counter with will dissuade you from a righteous path."
I love this! Heavenly Father wants us to truly desire something before He gives it to us. I feel like this is partially to insure that we are not going to misuse it or take it for granted. If we pray with this desire to be righteous and follow the path of the Lord, I know that He will give us guidance and Satan will not be powerful enough to dissuade us from what we know to be truth.
"Along with the illuminating revelation that points us towards a righteous purpose or duty, God will also provide the means ad power to achieve that purpose. Trust in that eternal truth, please. If God has told you something is right, if something is indeed true for you, He will provide the way for you to accomplish it."
1 Nephi 3:7 :) This was the first scripture I ever memorized and it has always stuck with me. It is Satan that wants us to fail, not God! He will not and has never left us alone.
I don't think I have anything to say about this one; it says it all!
I don't think I have anything to say about this one; it says it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment