Thursday, May 30, 2013

I caught the wave!!!


THIS. IS. SO. EXCITING!!!

I love that I get practically 80 billion notifications a day from the facebook group "Many are called...but few are sisters"

I love that 4 kids from my home ward got called to serve in Brazil!

I love that there is such an influx of missionaries that the apartment I lived in last semester is now mission housing and the multi-purpose building that I practiced my viola, went to church, and hung out with friends in is now serving as classrooms for these missionaries!

I love that almost my entire freshman ward has spread out over the world serving missionaries from Korea to Anaheim, California!!

I love that the work of bringing souls unto Christ is hastening!

I love that I get to serve a mission for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints at 19 years old!

I know with all my heart that this is the true church and...

I love that I get to share this love with the people of Brazil!!


"Wherefore, men are free according to the flesh; and all things are given them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to choose liberty and eternal life, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be miserable unto himself" (2 Nephi 2:27)

As I was reading this talk by Elder L. Tom Perry, it really struck me how important our agency must be for God to have protected it continuously against the powers of Satan. Satan's plan in the war in heaven was denied because it took away a necessary ingredient in becoming gods and goddesses, agency. And still, Satan is trying to take away our agency by tempting us to sin. Sin and disobedience are binding chains that keep us from Heavenly Father's plan of Happiness. I think agency is so important because without it we are simply puppets following the commands of our puppeteer because we are bound by a string. We must make choices on our own because it is our choices that make us who we are. An obedient person chooses to be obedient. Likewise, a kind person chooses to be kind. And a virtuous person chooses to be virtuous. Heavenly Father knows that we must develop certain characteristics in order to return to His kingdom and we can only develop them if we have the agency to choose for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment